I am a very lucky man – I’ve got an amazing wife and am the father to three wonderful kids. Lylli was born on Halloween in 2008, Gracie was born November 2010 and although she only lived for 17 months, she will remain as much a part of this family as the rest of us, and Mickey Gray, our first son, was born in June of 2012. I’m not going to say that life has gone exactly as I would have wanted, but it is a good life and I am determined to make the best of it.

This blog is an attempt to document my quest to become a dad that my family can be proud of.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Got a call when I was about 3 minutes from home last night from my wife
asking if she could leave the kid with me for a bit while she ran some
errands. She's been with my daughter 24 x 7 since she's been born with
the exception of the three hours we left her with my mom to catch a
movie. She left at 5:30 -- the moment she stepped out of the door, the
baby fills her diaper causing her to become fussy -- I am more than
capable, at this point, of taking care of that, so I managed to change
her diaper and her clothes because of a little leakage. I finally
finished the change and the baby started crying -- I went to the fridge
because the wife said she left some breast milk in there for me. It was
frozen solid -- so as the baby was screaming I attempted to thaw out the
milk by running hot water over it -- doesn't work -- I walked around,
rocked her, whatever I could think of and the baby wouldn't stop
screaming -- it wasn't just the "let daddy know that something's wrong
cry" -- there were actual tears coming out and she was screaming for so
long and hard that she started getting hoarse - in the mean time, it got
to be 6 o'clock in which at that time each night, my dogs go ballistic
because they know its time for dinner -- after attempting to thaw two
different milk things from the freezer, it became obvious that she
wouldn't even take a bottle from me. I had to call my wife and say "GET
HOME NOW" -- I then hung up and tried to settle her and the dogs down --
of course nothing worked until my wife walked in the door - She held her
and within a minute or so, she was resting quietly -- Not a fun
experience. On a brighter note -- the Eye-fi SD card came for her
camera yesterday -- works amazing -- she can now take a picture and it
automatically uploads to a folder on her computer with that days date
without any chords or anything -- very cool. Was not able to run last
night -- so I will be starting week 3 of the couch potato to 5K program
tonight -- this will be timed out perfectly to have me ready for the 5K
in Chisago City on Jan 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment